Wedge-It - Portable Temporary Doorstop - Multiple Finishes Available
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Easy 30 day returns
- Typically ships in 1-2 business days
The WEDGE-IT is a compact door stop that was designed by Emergency Service Personnel to hold doors open to a 90 degree angle. The Wedge-It can be placed in any of 3-different locations (top, middle, or bottom) of a door. It has been adopted by many trades, professions, disciplines and crafts because of its convenience and ease of use. It's an easy to use, multi-functional, lightweight, portable, temporary doorstop.
- Wedge-It Portable Temporary Doorstop
- Finishes Available: Green, Orange, Yellow
- Versatile: The Wedge-It can be used three different ways to hold a door open at a 90 degree angle: On top of the door, over the Hinge Pin, or on the floor
- Portable: Weighing less than 3 ounces and small enough to fit in your pocket, the Wedge-It is the ultimate portable and durable doorstop
- Proven: A trusted doorstop of Emergency, Fire Services and Hotels around the world
- Ribbed construction for maximum strength while weighing less than 3 ounces
- Extremely durable Polycarbonate plastic construction, the same as bullet proof glass
- Small enough to fit in a pocket, strong enough to hold open the largest of doors and portable enough to hang on a uniform or trauma kit
- Designed with a hole to assist with carrying and storage
- Brightly colored for easy visibility to prevent attempts at closing the door while in use
- Over-molded with Thermal Plastic Rubber pads to prevent sliding when placed on top of door or on the floor with a smooth surfaces
- Notched to fit over top of hinge pin
- Made in the U.S.A from 100% recycled Polycarbonate plastic
- Eliminates the use of rolled up newspapers, flower pots, doormats or other objects to hold doors open
- Improvements to the Wedge-It:
- Rubber is now molded on to the Polycarbonate plastic body so it will never come off
- The strategically placed hole is now larger which makes it easier for the attachment to safety coats, vests, belt loops, trauma kits, tool boxes and countless other individual applications
- There are now two rubber pads where the Wedge-It comes in contact with the back of the door and doorjamb when placed over the hinge. This will prevent any chipped paint or indentations on wooden doors and jambs
- *Caution: DO NOT attempt to close the door with the Wedge-It placed on top of door or over the hinge, this could cause damage to the door or Wedge-It. No problems will occur when the Wedge-It is placed on the floor.
How it Works: The Wedge-It is designed to hold an interior or exterior door open to a 90 degree angle. It can be placed in any of 3 locations on a door:
Locations on the Door:
Top of the Door: With door open to a 90 degree angle place the Wedge-It on top of the door between door and door jamb. The Wedge-It is designed with 4 different settings to fit between the top of the door and the door jamb (see below). This is because that distance varies between doors.
Over the Hinge Pin: With door open to a 90 degree angle place the Wedge-It over hinge between the door and the door jamb.
On the Floor: The Wedge-It can be used rubber pad side down on the floor like a traditional wooden or rubber door stop.
Bottom of Doors with Larger Gap: If the gap at the bottom of the door is greater than 2 inches, placement of the Wedge-It in a vertical position could / would hold the door open. *Placement and success of the Wedge-It doorstop is dependent upon the door.
Holding a Door Open at any Angle: One Wedge-It can be placed at the end of the door or 2 Wedge-Its can be placed on either side of the door to keep it open at varying angles. *This placement and success of the Wedge-It is dependent upon the door.